|Parkridge Specialty Care
||Pleasant Hill, IA
Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Kelly Banning or Shawn Mikles
Phone Number: (515) 265-5348
Address: 5800 Northeast 12th Avenue
City/State: Pleasant Hill, IA
Position: Director of Nursing - DON
Due to a promotion, Parkridge Specialty Care is now hiring a Director of Nursing at our beautiful state of the art 90-bed facility in Pleasant Hill. This full-time salaried position offers competitive salary, BSN tuition assistance, online training/development, strong nurse consultant support, and much more.
Must be a strong leader, team player, and ability to lead by example with hard work and positive energy. Active RN license in good standing and LTC nursing experience is required. DON or ADON experience is a plus!
Parkridge Specialty Care is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $500 - $2000 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A full-time DON in good standing is eligible for a $1,000 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa. To be considered, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online employment application in full detail.
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is encouraged. The NCRC program is part of the Skilled Iowa Initiative program through Iowa Workforce Development. Click here to learn more.
EOE / AAP Disability & Vets
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws.
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological nursing.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Assess resident needs and interview, hire and terminate adequate nursing personnel.
- Set resident care standards in accordance with accepted current standards of care to provide high quality care
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care of residents.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing department.
- Assess, direct and supervise residents’ care needs.
- Cooperate with administration to assure efficient, cost-effective operation of the facility
Position reports to: Administrator
Position Supervises: Nursing staff
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* Nurse Consultant Support
* IHCA Membership
* Health Insurance
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependant Care)
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card
* Generous Anniversary Bonus
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* On-line Training & Professional Development