|Avoca Nursing & Rehab Center
Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Collette Guyer, Business Office
Phone Number: (712) 343-6398
Address: 610 E. York Road
City/State: Avoca, IA
Position: Personal Service Attendant (PSA)
Avoca Nursing & Rehab Center, a 46-bed skilled nursing facility with attached assisted living, is now hiring a part-time PSA for our attached assisted living unit. Schedule includes Fridays 6P - 6A.
Avoca NRC is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $500 - $2000 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A part-time PSA in good standing is eligible for a $500 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa.
EOE / AAP Disability & Vets
- CPR certification or registered for class within 60 days of hire.
- Medication Management certification within 3 months of hire or registered for next available class or CMA Certificate.
- Training in sanitation and food safety within 7 working days and prior to handling or serving food.
- Think, act and intervene independently in routine and emergency situations.
- Self-motivated and function as a responsible person.
- Work flexible hours and participate in holiday activities.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Provide care to tenants following facility policies and procedures.
- Report tenants’ needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.
Position reports to: Licensed Nurse or Program Coordinator