Created in 1989, Care Initiatives is the largest single operator of quality nursing homes in Iowa.
Care Initiatives proudly serves nearly 2800 Iowans through 44 skilled nursing care locations, eight assisted living locations, three senior housing apartment locations, and six hospice office locations. Our home office is located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of life’s health transitions.
All of our facilities are Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) as well as Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), providing regular medical, nursing, social and rehabilitative services. All of our facilities also provide professional nursing care for those who need 24-hour nursing services.
All Care Initiatives locations are:
- Licensed by the state of Iowa
- Certified by Medicaid and Medicare
- Members of the Iowa and American Health Care Association
- Meet fire and safety regulations.
- Although each location is unique, all Care Initiatives locations have a warm, comfortable atmosphere for our residents. Our goal is to make them as homelike as possible.
- Private and semi-private rooms are available in most locations.
- Dining areas, activity rooms, outdoor patios and lounges give residents a place to relax and socialize.
- Barber and beautician services are available for residents.
- We encourage residents to bring personal belongings to make their rooms feel like home.
Care Initiatives is a non-profit organization. Our earnings are reinvested in our nursing homes and staff in the form of improvements, new facilities, high quality staff and new care programs.
Since 1989, Care Initiatives has reinvested millions of dollars into the communities we serve.
We have increased the professional status of our staff through educational opportunities, and extensive renovations to care facilities are ongoing.
- Since 2000, we have rebuilt 14 facilities.
- Increased specialty services such as private rooms and enhanced therapy services and space.
- Enhanced our employee recognition programs.
- We contract over 100 therapists to provide physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services to our residents and communities.