Care Initiatives Hospice is committed to providing dignified and compassionate care for Iowans in their final days.
Care Initiatives Hospice provides care throughout Iowa for those in their final stages of life. We strive to ease the burden of this difficult time by working closely with family members and caregivers to respect the wishes and needs of our patients and their loved ones. With the support network of Care Initiatives, the state’s largest not-for-profit transitional care provider, we are uniquely qualified to attend to the hospice needs of patients in the final stages of life.
- We serve 67 counties in Iowa via our six central locations — Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Greenfield, Albia, Waterloo and Sioux City.
- A caregiver will respond to your call within one hour, either by phone or in person, and we will come to administer care where you need it.
- We work with the family and current caregivers to provide care in a home, hospital, nursing facility, assisted living center or other location.
- Our approach addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those facing life limiting illness for themselves and their families.
- We offer bereavement services for the family and friends of those who pass away under our care.
Care Initiatives Hospice is part of the Care Initiatives network of senior care skilled nursing facilities located throughout the state serving more than 3,000 Iowans every year.
We are proud, active members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Iowa (HPCAI).