|Ravenwood Nursing & Rehab Center
Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Kelly Banning or Diana Roberts
Phone Number: (319) 232-6808
Address: 2651 St. Francis Drive
City/State: Waterloo, IA
Position: Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON
Ravenwood NRC is now hiring an ADON for our reputable skilled unit . This 196-bed skilled nursing facility offers a new rehab to home wing with a reputable rehab to home program. Ravenwood also offers on site Nurse Practitioner!
Long-term care nursing experience is required.
We offer competitive salary + rich benefits package, BSN tuition reimbursement, and strong nurse consultant support!
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as a Registered Nurse. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR Certification.
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws.
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological nursing.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Assist the DON to implement nursing policies and procedures.
- Assist the DON to supervise nursing care provided to residents.
- Assist the DON to assure adequate staffing to provide nursing care.
Position reports to: Director of Nursing
- Direct, evaluate and supervise all resident care and initiate corrective action.
- Make daily resident rounds and report status of nursing care to the Director of Nursing and Administrator.
- Supervise implementation of Prospective Payment System Minimum Data Set completion schedule.
- Collect resident pre-admission and/or admission information and assist Director of Nursing to determine appropriate level of care.
- Supervise implementation of nursing rehabilitation and restorative program.
- Participate in review of Quality Indicator reports and implementation of corrective actions to improve resident care.
- Assist with analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine cause(s) and implement corrective action(s), when appropriate.
- Review reports of timely completion of residents’ MDS assessments and care plans with follow-up action as necessary.
- Review residents admitted and compare physician orders with each resident’s plan of care to assure appropriate implementation of physician’s plan of care.
- Implement the Quality Assessment and Assurance Program, for the nursing department, in cooperation with the Director of Nursing.
- Analyze quality assurance reports and present to the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee with a request for recommendations.
- Supervise the Infection Control Program by reviewing infection control reports from charge nurses, analyzing data and presenting to Infection Control Committee with a request for recommendations.
- Participate in review and analysis of Quality Indicator reports to verify accuracy of MDS data.
- Coordinate resident transportation between Nursing Department and the Social Service Department.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team and rehabilitation conference meetings.
- Supervise central supply ordering between the charge nurses and business office.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Assess resident equipment and supply needs, and make recommendations to the Director of Nursing.
- Communicate daily with nursing personnel at all levels, providing clear, concise information and feedback as well as specific assignments; assist with staff meetings regularly for purposes of planning, coordinating and implementing nursing policies and procedures.
- Assist with implementation of effective educational programs for nursing personnel in accordance with applicable regulations, professional standards and company policy; assure adequate new employee orientation and on-job training, and compliance with federal, state training requirements, i.e., OSHA and OBRA.
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel and consistently take follow-up action as necessary.
- Interview, hire and counsel certified nursing assistants and recommend personnel action(s) to the Director of Nursing as necessary.
- Assist Director of Nursing in marketing, public relations, and community awareness programs.
* Strong Nurse Consultant Support
* CEU Assistance
* BSN Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
* IHCA Membership & Education
* Health Insurance
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
* Anniversary Bonus & Birthday T-Shirt Programs
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card