|Windsor Nursing & Rehab Center
||Cedar Falls, IA
Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Rachel Pilcher, Business Office
Phone Number: 319-268-0489
Address: 2305 Crescent Drive
City/State: Cedar Falls, IA
Position: Assistant Director of Nursing / MDS
Windsor Nursing and Rehab is now hiring a Registered Nurse to serve at the ADON / MDS Coordinator. This full-time salaried position offers competitive pay and benefits package, anniversary bonus, BSN tuition reimbursement, vacation/holiday/sick pay, and more.
Windsor NRC in Cedar Falls is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $500 - $2000 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A full-time ADON in good standing is eligible for a $1,000 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred. The NCRC program is part of the Skilled Iowa Initiative program through Iowa Workforce Development. Click here to learn more.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa.
EOE / AAP Disability & Vets
- Current, valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Iowa
- Current, valid CPR certification
- MDS credentialed or willingness to obtain
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws preferred
- Familiarity with MDS 3.0/RAI Manual or willingness to obtain certification
- Work experience in long-term care and gerontological nursing preferred
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Basic computer skills
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Assure accurate and timely assessment/reassessment of resident care needs using the guidelines established in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI); development and implementation of individualized plans of care and evaluation of residents’ response to plans of care and modify as necessary.
- Observe and assess for changes in the residents’ health status per RAI guidelines.
- Assure coordination of care plan implementation, oversee and/or conduct the resident care conference.
- Interview residents, resident’s representatives, and others for information related to the Minimum Data Set assessment.
- Examine resident to collect information related to the MDS.
- Review medical records and other records related to resident’s health status to collect information relating to MDS.
- Complete the appropriate types of MDSS, OBRA and PPS, to maximize reimbursement following CMS payment systems for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Establish and communicate to all disciplines a timely schedule for all types of assessments. Ensure all disciplines are notified of changes to the schedule.
- Complete Medicare required paperwork.
- Review AccuNurse documentation for accuracy.
- Enter data into the computer program.
- Review reports in the computer to ensure timeliness of assessments.
- Assume responsibility for submission of MDS data to the National Repository and review validation reports. Make corrections as necessary.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of the MDS related to all disciplines (i.e. dietary, social services, therapy and activities).
- Obtain and review the Quality Measure reports from the state as well as other reports.
- Contribute to the assurance of resident care, consistent with accepted standards of care and established policy and procedure.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations, along with facility policies and procedures when completing and scheduling the MDS assessment.
- Function within the constraints of established policy and procedure consistent with accepted nursing standards.
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* RN Loan Reimbursement Program (Associates Degree Only)
* BSN Tuition Assistance Programs for Management Level Positions
* Advancement / Transfer Opportunities Statewide
* Health Insurance
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependant Care)
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card
* Generous Anniversary Bonus
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* On-line Training & Professional Development